Friday, January 1, 2016

2016 Bookish Challenge



Hello everybody!

                It's been a really long time since I've used this blog but I wanted to start it again this year so I can keep track of my reading challenges. I am doing two reading challenges this year. First, my Goodreads challenge.

          Last year I completed my Goodreads challenge of reading 30 books ( I actually surpassed it, I read 37 books) and this year I doubled it and pushed that number up to 60. I usually listen to at least one audio book per week so I don't think this number will be to hard to reach but we'll see what happens. I have also decided to count comic books ( not single issue but trade paperbacks) and magna this year. In the past I have not included them because I wanted my list to be strictly novels but I really do have a lot of unread magna and I've been getting more into comics lately so I feel my list would be missing a lot if I didn't include them.

          I have also created my own challenge that I am calling The Bookshelf challenge. This is basically the same as the 0 by 17 challenge that other booktubers/bookbloggers are doing in which they try to get the number of unread books on their shelves down to 0 by January 1st 2017. As of today ( January 1st 2016) I have about 192 unread books on my shelves. Yikes! That is a huge TBR and I will never get it to 0 by 2017. So instead I have challenged myself to get that number to 100 by 2017. In light of this I am also putting myself on a book buying ban for a while and when I do buy books again it is mostly going to be sequels or continuing series I already have.

        So in this blog I plan on updating my progress on both these challenges as well as other fun updates like Weekly Wrap Ups, Top 5 Wednesdays, Friday reads, Tags from Booktube, and any readathons I may be doing. I hope you will join me on this adventure and take your own reading challenges this year. Happy New Year Everyone and Happy Reading!
My Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment